I am pleased to announce that, for the second year in a row, MusicEdMajor.net will be live-blogging from MENC’s Music Education Week in Washington D.C. from June 25-29. This event will be the 4th live-blog here at MusicEdMajor.net, and for this event, we are pulling out all the stops. We have created a live-blogging team of four people, and are extremely excited to announce sponsorship from SoundTree to help provide you with live updates throughout the event with wireless broadband access.
Thanks to the wonderful support of SoundTree, the MusicEdMajor.net live-blogging team will have 24/7 internet access with a wireless broadband card. This will allow us to much more easily update you from inside the conference rooms, where wireless internet will not otherwise be available. With internet access inside the conference rooms, we look forward to providing you with the most up-to-date information and media from Music Education Week as it happens! A very special thanks to Jim Frankel, Managing Director of SoundTree (find him on twitter at @jimfrankel) for his support of our live-blogging endeavors.
The First Ever Live-Blog Team
For the first time in MusicEdMajor.net’s history, we are live-blogging an event with a team of people, instead of one individual. For Music Ed Week, we have a fantastic group of four pre-service music teachers working together to bring you up-to-the-minute news and information from this event. Let’s meet them:
- Andy Zweibel (that’s me!) is the founder and editor-in-chief of MusicEdMajor.net and has been live-blogging conferences around the country for a year. He will be blogging from the Collegiate MENC Leadership Academy next week, and working specifically on video and audio content.
- Andrew Ritenour is the co-editor of MusicEdMajor.net and started live-blogging at the PMEA conference this past spring. He will also be attending the Collegiate MENC Leadership Academy, and will be providing updates from the DCI event on Saturday evening, as well.
- Justine Dolorfino is new to live-blogging, but not to MusicEdMajor.net. A recent guest poster here and a pre-service teacher at Teacher’s College, Justine will be providing updates from the Collegiate MENC Leadership Academy and the Jazz Academy, as well as hunting down interviews over the course of the event.
- Brigid Moran makes her live-blogging and Twitter debut at this event. She is also a pre-service teacher studying at Teacher’s College, and will be providing us updates from the Collegiate MENC Leadership Academy and the Choral Academy later in the week. Brigid is also new to Twitter, and we hope to encourage her to join our wonderful network of music educators as a result of this process.
What to Watch For
- Text-We’ll be updating our live-blog with comments and thoughts from many of the sessions that will be taking place at the event. Keep an eye out on the live-blog homepage for these updates
- Tweets-Our live-blog will be automatically pulling in Tweets from the official @MENC Twitter account, as well as from the official HashTag for this event: #MEW2010. Want to see your tweet in the stream? Just tag it!
- Audio-We were able to do this a bit last year, but look out this year for more audio clips from the event. We’ll specifically try to bring you a few interviews, and maybe even some audio recordings of sessions!
- Video-For the first time, our live-blog team will have video recording capabilities! Look for some video interviews and other fun video clips as the event progresses
Where to Watch
You can keep up with all the action at the Music Ed Week 2010 Landing Page, where the live-blog is located. The event will officially begin Friday, June 25, at 9:00AM EDT. If you want a reminder email in the time leading up to the event’s start, enter your email address in the interface. From there, feel free to read, comment, and share any thoughts you may have regarding the live-blog!
Is there a particular session you would like to see live-blogged? Leave a comment here and we’ll do everything we can to get to it!
- Music Ed Week LiveBlog
- Welcome From Music Ed Week!
- Collegiate Leadership Academy at MENC’s Music Ed Week
- Music Education Week 2010
- Join Us for METOS 2010!