Today is MusicEdMajor.Net’s 2nd birthday! This past year the site has seen some major changes, and continues to evolve into a better and better resource for music students everywhere. Check out some of MusicEdMajor.Net’s projects and accomplishments below:
- Live-Blogging Music Education Week in June 2010
- Midwest Clinic 2010 Review
- The 100 Music Education Majors on Twitter Project
- The continuation of #MusEdChat, including Transcripts and Recaps
- Numerous Guest Posts by current students and professionals
- Live-Blogging METOS 2010
- Being listed on eCollegeFinder’s list of 75 top Music and Arts Enthusiast Websites.
Also, here are some of the top posts from the last year:
- Music Education Week 2010 Live-Blog
- Hire Me! Tips for Finding Your First Music Teaching Job After Graduation (guest post by Thomas J. West)
In addition to these many accomplishments and projects, MusicEdMajor.Net has experienced some other changes. With the graduation of Andy Zweibel, I was given the opportunity to fill his position as Editor-In-Chief. Andy has founded and grown a fantastic resource for music students everywhere. While he will still be helping us with some of the technical aspects of the site and writing some guest posts, Andy truly believes that the day-to-day responsibilities and content of MusicEdMajor.Net needs to be run by music majors. I am very excited for the opportunity to do this and continue the growth of this site that Andy has started.
Please continue to check back to MusicEdMajor.Net as some more great changes will be occurring! Also be sure to follow @MusicEdMajor on Twitter, and like us on Facebook to stay updated! If you would like to contribute to MusicEdMajor.Net, let us know via the contact page!