Welcome to the homepage for #MusEdChat, the weekly Twitter chat about Music Education! Don’t forget to submit your discussion ideas using the Topic Submission Form! Also, You can always view the most updated #MusEdChat poll by visiting http://musicedmajor.net/musedchat/poll or clicking “Topic Poll” in the “MusEdChat” drop-down menu above. All chat transcripts have been moved to a new page! You can access the chat transcripts by visiting our new Chat Transcripts page, or by clicking “Chat Transcripts” on the “MusEdChat” drop-down menu above.
New to #MusEdChat? Learn how to get started by reading our all-inclusive guide!
This Week’s #MusEdChat
Here’s the information on the upcoming week’s #MusEdChat:
- When: Monday, June 27 at 8:00 PM EDT/12:00 AM GMT
What IS #MusEdChat?
#MusEdChat is a weekly chat on Twitter that is centered around discussion of topics significant to music educators. Participants submit topic ideas, vote on the topic each week, and then get together one evening each week to discuss their thoughts on the topic using Twitter. Afterwards, the chat transcripts are recorded and posted so those that weren’t there can read what others said, and so those that were there can catch up on what they may have not noticed.
- Chats will occur on Mondays at 8 pm EST.
- If you have a topic suggestion, fill out the Topic Submission Form to submit your idea
- Each week, a few days before the discussion, a TwtPoll will be started with up to five possible topics for discussion. Whichever topic has the most votes after a few days will be the topic of discussion for that week.
- Topics that are not selected in a given week will be put up for vote again in the following weeks
How Can I Participate?
- Simply log on to your favorite Twitter client at the chat time, and set up a search for #musedchat!
- Some suggested clients for managing the flow of information:
- When the chat starts, all you have to do is post your thoughts/reactions/questions using the hashtag #musedchat!
- If you see a comment from someone else that you find interesting, it is encouraged that you “Re-Tweet” that comment to YOUR followers to extend the conversation!
- Don’t forget, you can get more information on getting started by reading our all-inclusive guide!
#MusEdChat Around the Web
Below, please find a few great articles written by participants in #MusEdChat. In addition to these articles, the authors all have a wealth of information on their websites, so consider checking them out. If you have written about #MusEdChat and are not listed here, contact us, and we’ll be sure to add you!
**Check out the #MusEdChat Daily, with articles posted to Twitter using the #MusEdChat tag!** (c/o @thomasjwest)
- #MusEdChat -Music Education Chats Using Twitter -Find Out About It! – by Dr. Joe Pisano (@pisanojm)
- More Effectively Managing The Twitter Data Stream While Participating With The MusEdChat – by Dr. Joe Pisano (@pisanojm)
- Talking Shop Online: Music Education Round-Table Chats on Twitter – by Thomas J. West (@thomasjwest)
- Music Education Twitter Chat – by Janice Tuck (@funmusicco)
- #MusEdChat from an Undergrad’s Perspective – by Andrew Ritenour (@andrewritenour)
- Join the #MusEdChat Conversation on Twitter – by Jim Frankel (@jimfrankel and @soundtree)
- #MusEdChat via Twitter – by Amy Burns (@awillis2)
- My First #MusEdChat Experience – by Justine Dolorfino (@justine_robin)
- Baseball Beth, SmartMusic, and Music Education – by Beth Varela (@ervarela)
- First #MusEdChat Experience – Twitter Amazes Me! – by Lindsay Morelli (@LindsayMorelli)